The Mission Statement for the Center for Peace is to “promote the messages of Our Lady given in Medjugorje.” Toward this end we provide information about prayer, fasting, Holy Mass, confession and sound Catholic doctrine. We also provide information about approved apparitions since they tend to confirm Medjugorje. In particular, Pope John Paul II has stated that Medjugorje is the fulfillment of Fatima.
In the last few years, there have been numerous other reported apparitions and locutions. While some of these events may be authentic, the Center for Peace cannot endorse or promote any of them. This restrictive policy for our Center for Peace has been encouraged by such notables as Father Mitch Pacwa, Father Edward O’Oconnor, and Bishop Hnilica (confidant of Pope John Paul II).
Medjugorje is not an end to itself. Medjugorje is Our Lady pointing to her Son. The story of Medjugorje changes many hearts and lives. It revives faith and hope. It converts even hardened sinners. In the words of Pope John Paul II “Medjugorje is a great center of spirituality.” It is a call to conversion. It is an urgent call. We must open our hearts and change our lives now. Our mission includes promoting the five tools for conversion given by Our Lady in her school of love — prayer, fasting, Bible, confession, and Holy Mass.
Since its inception in 1987, the Center for Peace-West has:
- We have conducted Medjugorje Pilgrimages for many years. Our experienced coordinators, Medjugorje guides and priests as spiritual director all work toward making our pilgrimages as spiritually rewarding as possible. In March, 2000, thanks to a “Guardian Angel”, we were able to have a special pilgrimage for 11 priests and one seminarian.
- We do Medjugorje presentations for large and small groups, young and old. Again to let people know about Our Lady’s messages and bring them closer to her Son.
- We have also been very successful in providing Bosnian refugee aid, particularly during the height of the war years. This continues today.
- Our Center carries books, audio tapes and CD’s, rosaries, Medjugorje chaplets and other Medjugorje related items.
- Had numerous conferences and other significant gatherings featuring some of the most prominent religious and lay people connected with Medjugorje and to the Catholic faith in general. Guest speakers have included four Medjugorje priests–Frs. Jozo, Svet, Branimir, visionaries Mirjana and Ivan, Bishop Steiner, Frs. Pacwa, Kosicki, and other nationally known speakers.
- Our monthly newsletter with Our Lady’s monthly message is distributed throughout the United States
We feel we must persevere because Our Lady told us in her August 25, 2000 message “I desire to thank you and to inspire you to work even more for God and His Kingdom.”
We hope to continue our work to reach out to unbelievers…”those who do no know the love of God…yet”
We must persevere because souls are at stake and we believe the Center has been and can continue to be effective in spreading Our Lady’s messages in bringing people closer to Jesus.
You Can Help Our Lady in Three Ways
- Prayer — we ask for your prayers for the success of the Center for Peace – West. With your prayers we can all continue to be a tool for Our Lady.
- Volunteer time — we need volunteers.
- Financial Assistance — your tax-deductible contributions will help us evangelize and help Our Lady convert souls–newsletter expenses (printing/mailing), Pilgrimage scholarships–to assist those who want to travel to Medjugorje and have limited finances, and free material to those interested in learning about Medjugorje.